So I was contacted by Amanda @ The Lexington Bookie and she liked my blog and nominated me for -an award-.
I am seriously honored and flattered and grateful. For someone to enjoy my precious blog is tremendously special. Especially when it’s coming from another blogger who I truly admire and I can’t believe she knows my blog exists; she has over 500 followers (and deserves more). JOIN HER LEGION.
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
• Write a post to show your award.
• Give a brief story of how your blog started.
• Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
• Select 15 other bloggers you’d like to give this award to.
• Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them, providing a link to the post you’ve created. (Please make sure you do this step! Otherwise they won’t know you’ve tagged them until they check the referral portion of their stats.)
Malanie Loves Fiction’s origin story
This blog started for the sake of my favorite TV show in the whole wide world, Supernatural. Fans on Tumblr and elsewhere were commenting on how unhealthy Sammy and Dean’s relationship is, and I strongly disagree and felt so depressed and protective and devastated. Yes, it’s a TV show, but I always feel strongly about fiction and I’m extreme and I feel no shame. I mean, if you’re going to love something let it consume your soul. There was only one course of action to take. I made a blog to defend my favorite platonic soulmates. And I realized, OMG, I now have a BLOG!?!? I can talk about fiction and share my bleeding heart. YA and classic books CONSUME MY SOUL and I’m addicted to blogging; and I adore my supportive and wonderful book-loving community. And my confidence has spiked since I’ve been blogging. I’m not so terrified of human beings anymore. *cheering*
Advice for my fellow bloggers/ aspiring bloggers
- Don’t be afraid to be weird. (In any part of life.) I’ve found that most people who love book blogging also embrace authenticity. Your real self is irreplaceable and wanted.
- Visit other blogs. Everyone says this and it’s true. Comment on and follow blogs you admire and they might follow back and you’ll be in with the cool kid readers, and your blog will gracefully flourish. BECAUSE OF YOUR HARD WORK GURL.
This was so painful and difficult because I follow 183 bloggers. So please know I adore these 15 and it was hard to sort through all the bloggers I admire. IT WAS HARD BUT YOU’RE WORTH IT. I still wish I could nominate 183 blogs.
- Charlotte Reads Things
- The Book Prophet
- RedGal Musing
- Eats Books for Breakfast
- Paper Royalty Blog
- The Bookish Actress
- I Wuv Books
- Thrifty Bibliophile
- Emma Reads
- Reading Every Night
- It’s Lu Again
- Annie Likes Words
- A Pretty Lil Book Blog
- Reading Books With Coffee