Holly @ Nut Free Nerd nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award?????? You know that moment in life when a blogger who inspires you, one you really admire, and you read every post she publishes, NOMINATES YOU??
I’m just so grateful to Holly and she’s obviously amazing so follow her blog!!!!
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award
- Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers that you admire and inform the nominees
7 Facts About Malanie
1. I’m ridiculously competitive. I love board games and my new favorite is -Organ Attack- !!! I’ve already played it approximately 6 times and I’ve had it two weeks. Growing up, I was never that kid who needed to be played with; and now I’ve evolved into my true form as that kid.
Basically, 2-6 people get cards with organs and cards with diseases. You lay out your organs and everyone takes turns infecting one another until only one player has organs left. I’m writing this and for the first time really appreciating how DARK this game really is????? GUYS, you literally harvest your family and friends’ organs; and it’s gratifying???
*set phasers to vaporize*
2. I like cacti, ***libraries***, and cats. I once had a cat named Daryl Dixon and I could have donated my lungs to him. at this point organ attack should sponsor me. He was so innocent and playful and warm ❤ My profile picture for my blog is a folk art cat I have hanging in my bedroom. I go to the library as often as possible, even if it’s just to read in the dark corner and watch people quietly. I had a cactus named Einstein who lived eight years. MY HANDSOME BOY. ❤ He was so brave and spiky but ultimately too pure for this world.
3. I go to college online. I went to an online high school, so it just felt natural to go to college online. It’s WAY cheaper and lets me have so much freedom and time to write. Going in I thought i would be the only person there fresh out of high school, but there are so many people my age, especially in the Creative Writing program. And I have but a year left until I earn my English degree *cheering*
4. I taught my youngest sisters how to read. Teaching someone to read is probably the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done. It’s the most important skill in the world, and I was able to physically teach it????? *I have contributed to the future of this world* (and more importantly, their adorable little world.)
5. My sister broke my nose. My high school-aged sister + “best friend” aggressively injured my face. A few years ago we were jumping on the trampoline together (ALWAYS JUMP ALONE) when something went horribly wrong and suddenly my face was disfigured. Ever since that day, my nose spontaneously bleeds at the most inconvenient times. But on a positive note I feel like I’m Eleven from Stranger Things and I just haven’t realized my powers.
6. I write to my favorite authors. If you’re alive and I’m obsessed with your book, just expect my fangirl email. because it’s coming.
And guess who emailed me back???? Deborah Heiligman and Mackenzi Lee!?!? They were so COOL and wonderful and it’s so strange to contact their mystical world of writing triumph. It’s like praying and getting a written response.
MY GAWD IT’S TOO MUCH.
7. I eat too much cookie dough. I use chickpeas when I want to be healthy. Otherwise it’s literal gobs of butter and flour and sugar.
& my nominations (bloggers I adore)
- Kailyn Kausen
- Inside My Library Mind
- Sam @ Redhead with a Book
- Hannah @ Peanut Butter and Books
- Purely Olivia
- The Lexington Bookie
- Bookworm of Notre-Dame
- Kambria @ Adoring Fiction
- Dragon Waffles
- Will Read for Booze
- The Laughing Listener
- The Book Crunch
- Norrie @ Reading Under the Blankie
- Hammock of Books
+ 200 followers???????????
I also want to mention how GRATEFUL I am to have over 200 human beings reading this?!?!?! This blogging and fiction-loving community is beloved to me ❤
***YOU’RE AMAZING and ADMIRED***