I’m selfishly making an ARC post because I wanted to keep track of everything on my kindle at the moment. Lists are my favorite thing. c:
This will be my first Kasie West!! I’ve heard she’s amazing for adorable, fluffy contemporary love stories.
- A girl named Lacey wants to be a movie star.
- She finally gets a big break, working with a gorgeous Hollywood actor.
- But she’s also a high school senior
- + she has to be tutored by a nerdy good boy named Donavan.
- So at this point she’s dealing with her first big movie, on-set sabotage, and an off-screen romance. EVERYTHING SOUNDS SO CUTE????
A f/f romance!!!!!! AND LOOK AT THE COVER ART. GAZE UPON IT. They look so pretty and I cannot handle it at all.
- Prepare for tragedy.
- Jessica has anger issues, but when she meets Vivi during sophomore year everything changes c:
- Their relationship *blossoms* and *blooms*and Vivi helps Jessica realize her artist dreams
But then in their senior year, Vivi dies suddenly
- So Jess pushes everyone away because she’s crushed.
- But then she meets an unexpected new friend who helps her to be happy again.
- Because Jess is now the queen of being surprised by unexpected things.
- And this book seems to be about Jess trying to find herself without her gorgeous girlfriend and it’s so sadddd???? But also sweet and hopeful.
I’ve been waiting on this FOR SO LONG. Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue is so special to me, it’s one of my favorite books of all time, so when I heard FELICITY was getting her own book???? ACE FELICITY WHO IS BRAVE and PASSIONATE AND STRONG?
- Felicity Montague (*my wife*) wants to be a physician.
- But everywhere she applies to for medical school refuses to see her because she’s a woman.
- And patriarchal society is sh*t.
- So when she finds out her idol, Dr. Alexander Platt, is 1) looking for an adventurous medical research and 2) is marrying her estranged childhood friend, she does what she has to do.
- and crashes their wedding.
- BECAUSE MY GIRL WANTS TO BE A DOCTOR, JUST LET HER FOLLOW HER DREAMS.
- A mysterious, female, POC, Muslim, pirate is willing to pay Felicity’s way to travel to the wedding, but her true motives for helping
/may/ include thievery and murder.
- But this is a story about friendship and feminism and adventure so everything’s fine c:
When I requested this it was entirely based on the title and Clue aesthetic cover. Which is always a daring thing to do. But the premise seems really good??
- Evelyn’s been murdered hundreds of times at her parents’ gala party
- And each day, Aiden is too late to save her.
- AND OH GOD!
- I’M GETTING Laura vibes from this!! ~one of my favorite films~With Gene Tierney!
- So Aiden has to just keep trying.
- Because he’ll get it eventually.
- “Deeply atmospheric and ingeniously plotted, The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle is a highly original debut.”
THE COVER!!! I think I’m officially obsessed with book covers. This seems like such a cute contemporary romance.
- Hazel (the best name in the whole world) has lots of pets and loves doing absurd things.
- ~and I already love her~
- But apparently she has trouble finding someone to date her???
- ((raises hand to volunteer))
- Josh has known Hazel since college, and where he’s mellow, she’s playful and fun c:
- *slaps Josh’s hand* “go away she’s mine”
- Now, 10 years later and after being cheated on, Josh thinks Hazel is just the kind of friend he needs.
- But they are NOT dating.
I’ve heard so much about this! And after reading The Loneliest Girl in the Universe, I need another space adventure.
- In a star ship dominated by a brutal Vathek empire, 18 yo Amani has big dreams
- She wants to write poetry!
- And adventure beyond her isolated moon.
- But then she’s kidnapped and taken to a secret royal palace because she looks identical to the cruel Princess Maram.
- And she’s basically a public appearance stunt double.
- But the palace is pretty to look at!
- And so is the princess’ fiance, Idris
- ~I’m already scared because this can’t end well~
- So now she has to play her part in a dangerous, violent world. And hopefully not die in some painful way.
YOU ALL ALREADY KNOW HOW THRILLED I AM TO READ HIS.
/////the cover art???/////
And my ARC came with black tea!!! Which smells really good.
- Darius doesn’t think he’ll ever fit in, whether he’s in America or Iran.
- He speaks Kingon better than Farsi adn knows more Hobbit social cues than Persian ones.
- But he’s taking a trip to Iran!!!!!!
- And he has to deal with clinical depression and a lack of social life.
- BUT THEN HE MEETS A BEST FRIEND NEXT DOOR.
- Named Sohrab.
- And I just can’t wait because
- and cultural diversity.
- I’m already in tears.
The main reason I wanted to read this was because it’s compared to The Exorcist, one of my favorite films.
- After a girl’s exorcism, she wants to reunite with her demon.
- Clare just misses her demon friend!!
- So the son of a preacher man helps her on the quest.
- Through their small Southern town (which is inherently creepy in horror books)
- “As she searches for Her, she must question the fine lines between good and evil, love and hate, and religion and free will. Vivid and sharp, The Good Demon tells the unusual story of friendship amid dark Gothic horror.”
An m/m YA romance!!! I AM FAINT. WITH JOY. AND THE COVER ART. LKSDFLKS
- The Weyward famliy has been cursed for generations
- If you fall in love before your 17th birthday, the person you love dies.
- Sam (the second best name in the world) decides that he refuses to fall in love, just in case.
- But then a new boy moves into town!!! and they become close friends. AND OH GOD THIS IS NOT GOOD.
- So he just does his best to prevent sudden death.
What ARCs are you reading right now?
Have you read any of these?