October was a good month, there was so much candy.
And I froze Reese cups and smashed them into my face.
Also, Alex London who wrote Black Wings Beating commented on my bookstagram,,,not once BUT TWICE????????? I severely overreacted both times.
IT’S JUST,,,THEY ARE REAL, THEY’RE REALLY OUT THERE.
(I’ve never met an author & it’s come to the point that I need to meet one desperately). That fact really hit me this month. It was so hard for me to accept. Honestly, it’s like if a magical creature responded to me.
here let me show youuuuuuuuu —->
MY FELLOW HUMANS. THIS OVERWHELMED THE HELL OUTTA ME. OMG. SEND A RESCUE SQUAD.
uncontroversial opinion: authors are the best among us
What I read
1. The Night Circus (3/5 stars) // My Buddy Read with Strawberry Hamilton!! I really liked this, but mainly for the setting. There was only one character I connected with (Tsukiko, my lesbian buttercup), and she wasn’t a protagonist.
But the setting was TREMENDOUS.
2. Black Wings Beating (4/5 stars) // I’ve been waiting for this queer fantasy book since June, featuring siblings and falcons and A JOURNEY. SKDJFS.
This book was great, but once again the guy main character deserves my undying wrath. He’s a sh*tty human being and needs to be eaten by a falcon.
3. The Girl He Used to Know (3/5 stars) // No one will ever understand how deep my love is for Annika, the loyal and autistic librarian who should dump her self-absorbed boyfriend (the boy does not appreciate her, I vote to
kill throw him in the trash)
4. The Bones Beneath My Skin (3/5 stars) // This wasn’t Wolfsong sadlyyyy
5. The Gilded Wolves (3/5 stars) // Looking back, this wasn’t as good as it was while I was reading it??? I think I was swept away in the moment and in the gorgeous imagery. But it’s still a nice book.
6. You Are The Everything (3/5 stars) // *covers eyes* take it away, I was just starting to recover
7. Vengeful by VE Schwab (5/5 stars) // This was a big moment in my life. My expectations were so high, and Vengeful SUCCEEDED. I’m still trembling.
8. Paris With You by Clementine Beauvais (2/5 stars) // *dispenses book in recycle bin*
9. The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White (4/5 stars) // I really got into this!!! I was sad that Victor was depicted as a jerk, but Elizabeth had a friend who was a girl and there WERE GIRLS BEING SOFT W ONE ANOTHER???!!!!! A+++
10. Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake (4/5 stars) // This one was intense, I almost didn’t read it because I felt emotionally unprepared. But then I felt a weird burst of b r a v e r y and just r e a d it.
11. Sadie by Courtney Summers (3/5 stars) // AN AUDIOBOOK!!!??? It turned out well, considering my ability to listen to audiobooks = barely existent.
12. Rock N Soul by Lauren Sattersby (5/5 stars) // I loved this so much. Just a good ol’fashioned gay ghost story ft. bisexual boys and hilarious banter.
13. Death Note by Takeshi Obata (4/5 stars) // I love the idea/system behind this??? So flipping cool. AND THE ART OH GOD.
14. 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne (5/5 stars) // Sally Thorne made me like the HGTV aesthetic,,,,how dare she? This is my very identity she’s messing with. I’m not a DIY person, STOP IT SALLY.
15. Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills (2/5 stars,,,,,,,I plan to try again)
16. What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera (2/5 stars) // Not really the best thing in the entire world i’m sorry. I’m disappointed in my gay sons. They’ve lost their Waffle House privileges until the movie comes out and hopefully redeems this story.
What I watched
Jane The Virgin
This show is so addicting and yet Jane sucks as a person???? I don’t love her and it’s so sad, because episode 1 I was in love and 1000% devoted.
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
AUNT F’ING ZELDA, OH GOSH. I ADORE HER. I WOULD MARRY HER INSTANTLY.
Also. Ambrose. My favorite pansexual on this earth. And Prudence!!!???? I just love them so completely.
Olivia talks about characters she would befriend without hesitation, including The Raven Cycle!!!
Arya Stark’s Reading List from Inside My Library Mind!!!! This is my favorite book blog series in the whole world. I’m a diehard fan.
Beth giving advice on how to put aside time for our WIPs. So perfect for NaNo ❤
Lily reviews You Are The Everything, which I feel like we buddy read???? c: c:
10 Best Sibling Rep from May!!!! My #1 weakness is loyal, nurturing siblings. This post was an emotional journey sdkfklsj
My DEAR FRIEND Rebecca and I made a Read and Chillathon for November!! Since I’m doing NaNo, I’m really glad we’re doing something stress-free and fun for our TBRs.
Here’s my TBR post, featuring The Hating Game by Sally Thorne!!!! I know,,,FINALLY. \o/
How Was your October? What’s your favorite candy?
Have you watched The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (u fell in love with Aunt Zelda, tell the truth)
What was your favorite book you read this month?